On Tuesday, the American Family Association, known for its right-wing stances on abortion, LGBT rights, and non-Christians, published a map of the US focused on calling out over 200 organizations they deem to be showing a deep intolerance for Christians through each group’s actions. It was ironically titled the “Bigotry Map.” The accompanying press release accused these groups of endorsing “efforts to silence Christians and to remove all public displays of Christian heritage and faith in America.” The AFA went so far as to categorize the groups (in a non-bigoted way) into the following:
- Homosexual Agenda: Advocates for the legalization and promotion of same-sex marriage and viciously attacks Christians who exercise their First Amendment right to voice support for God’s plan for marriage as between one man and one woman.
- Anti-Christian: Actively engages in the complete eradication of the Christian faith from society, government and private commerce. These groups file lawsuits and use intimidation to silence any reference to Christianity from the public square.
- Atheist: Does not believe in God and is critical of those who express their faith in public.
- Humanist: Believes critical thinking and physical evidence are the sole basis for beliefs. Humanists believe science triumphs faith in issues of morality and decision-making.
- Christians freaking out about either the godless taking over America or the End Times upon us,
- Nonbelievers asking the AFA to put their organizations on the map for some free publicity, and
- Nonbelievers thanking the AFA for pointing out local groups they were previously unaware of.